PAPER BAG SHORTS

Crop Top, Belt & Shorts – Primark, Heels – Boohoo

Huge revelation – these aren’t actually paper bag shorts. Shock horror! They’re actually just a pair of shorts that I bought in the wrong size just because I wanted them so much. Does anyone else ever do that? ‘Yeaaah I’ll just wear 3 sizes too big it’ll be ‘oversized’.. it’ll look fine’ – then realise it totally doesn’t look fine & you’re in fact going to end up with Justin Bieber style trousers.

These slightly too big shorts are actually one half of that Primark two piece the blogging world (myself included) went a bit crazy for.. let’s be honest, it was a goodie on Primark’s part! After all that lusting have I worn it as much as I should have? Nope, have I heck. It’s always the things that I’ve really wanted that seem to get worn the least – so here I am putting them to good use. I did eventually pop on the jacket for my evening out.. Ain’t nobody got time for getting goosebumps on a night on shimmying these days. I’m way too old for that! Sob.

youtube / bloglovin / twitter / pinterest / tumblr / instagram

x

35 Comments

1. 8th July 2014 / 6:15 pm

I do the exact same things with clothes, I'm always lusting after really dressy things and just have to buy them but I hardly ever find the right occasion to actually wear them to. So annoying!

I love the shape of these shorts with the belt by the way, they look great 🙂

Louise / http://www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk
    x

2. 8th July 2014 / 7:43 pm

Nothing wrong with adding a good ol' belt and I think they look really good paper bagged tbh 🙂

Cats in Crop Tops

3. 8th July 2014 / 8:46 pm

I love that set too but ended up not getting cause every blogger seemed to have it. This is a cool little twist though looks different, oh and yes I have bought 'oversized' just cause I really want it
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

4. 8th July 2014 / 9:17 pm

I love this look but most of all I love your shoes. I totally understand what you meant by buying something a two sizes too big for you because it's cute. Shoot. I do that all the time. You are not alone!

5. 8th July 2014 / 10:13 pm

These shorts are gorgeous! Plus it's always good to hear they're from Primark – pretty & affordable is always a good combo!

Gemma x

6. 9th July 2014 / 2:28 pm

Love these shorts! And I love that you bought them a few sizes too big…. I often do that too! It gives you a unique look and a little room to play around! Beautiful 🙂

7. 9th July 2014 / 3:14 pm

They look awesome! I know how you feel about goosebumps… I used to never care if it was raining hard or freezing, but now I need to make sure I've got a good jumper all the time, and I spend all day taking a jumper off and putting it back on. Very annoying.

8. 9th July 2014 / 3:52 pm

This is such a lovely look, I never would've guessed your shorts were too big, you've did an amazing job of styling them. I also love your shoes, I can't believe there from Primark, will defo be investing in some! 🙂 x
    thelittlecheri.blogspot.co.uk

9. 9th July 2014 / 4:06 pm

I really thought your shorts were a paper bag style. I think that almost every fashion girl has sacrificed the wrong size just because it was that important to have-I know I have. Your look is definitely chic!

-Alicia
    Neon Fox

10. 10th July 2014 / 5:05 pm

Perfect outfit, the shorts are pretty! x

11. 12th August 2014 / 10:49 am

These shorts look amazing on you with the belt!! If I see anything not in my size..I am quick to put it down whether I love it or not. If you can make it work though..haha!

Great post!