THE CHLOÉ FAYE EBAY DUPE

via eBay

The Chloé Faye seems to be the ‘it’ bag right now. Understandably so… It is freeeeaking fabulous. If you’re like me though, you’d have to sell your left kidney to get one. Actually, I’d probably need to sell the right one too. Instead, I was on the hunt for an ‘inspired’ style.

This one I found on eBay for £17.90 after searching ‘chain satchel’. It took a bit of a hunt, but the Gods of cheap eBay crap eventually delivered. It’s also from a UK seller so no waiting 6 months for it to arrive from the other side of the world! Don’t get me wrong, it’s quite clearly not a Chloé handbag – you can’t expect incredible quality for under 20 quid, but it will certainly last me this season. It’s not a carbon copy either (there’s a Jessica Buurman version I’m tempted by that’s much more of a likeness) but if anything, I’m happy with something that isn’t an exact match. I don’t want a handbag that looks like I’m actually trying to pass off a fake as the legit version, or seem like I’ve unknowingly thought I’ve got £1500 handbag for the bargain of £50, you know? I’d rather it just be something along the lines of the Faye look, not an ‘is it? or isn’t it?’ sort of thing. To be honest, no one in my local area of mostly 70+ even knows what a bloody Chloé Faye bag is.

I know dupes aren’t for everyone, and if someone delivered a Chloé bag shaped baby I would be happy to adopt, but for now, there’s no chance I’ll be spending nearly 2k on an accessory. Sigh… One day!

Now is anyone can find one with silver hardware then hook me up – I don’t normally wear gold, but for £17.90 I can cope.

youtube / bloglovin / twitter / facebook / pinterest / tumblr / instagram

x

27 Comments

1. 19th November 2015 / 5:21 pm

Hi Lydia! I love your blog so much. I've been following it for a while now. You inspired to create my own one and I would be so happy now if you checked it out whenever you find the time to do so. Lots of love x Kiki

2. 19th November 2015 / 7:33 pm

Do you have the link for the eBay bag?

3. 19th November 2015 / 7:33 pm

Do you have the link for the eBay bag? 🙂 thanks xx

4. 19th November 2015 / 8:38 pm

Love the bag and the jumper so much x

Millie x
    queenmillie.blogspot.com

5. 19th November 2015 / 9:03 pm

Oh my, this is incredible! I really love the finish of the material too – looks so deceptively luxe! I adore this bag, I see it everywhere and lust over it..a dupe may well be the way forward! Thank you for sharing. x

Lucy Amelia | flawedfairytale

6. 19th November 2015 / 9:50 pm

This bag is gorgeous! I love all the detailing <3

Check out my blog <3 | ANASOFIACHIC
    @anasofiachic

7. 20th November 2015 / 10:23 am

It's lovely! And you're right, you don't want an exact dupe. If anything, I really like the individuality of this one. Kinda looks like a unique handmade piece from Etsy, ya know? Love it 🙂

8. 20th November 2015 / 10:30 am

I love this! I prefer similar versions too rather than exact dupes… I'm also quite fickle when it comes to bags so I'd much rather spend a little amount on something like this 🙂 x

9. 20th November 2015 / 11:44 am

Just added this to my watch list as they are currently sold out! I really want one! x
    TheWeeBlondie

10. 22nd November 2015 / 12:10 pm

This is such a good dupe! I would also have to sell an organ to be able to afford a Chloe bag so I'll definitely be purchasing one of these babies soon.

Thanks for sharing such a great find.

eat, write + explore | bloglovin' | instagram

11. 23rd November 2015 / 5:03 pm

This bag is gorgeous!

I agree, for a few thousand I'd rather buy loads of different items of clothing. Although I am a sucker for nice designer bags, I still buy second hand and I prefer to buy larger bags that I'd get a lot of use out of.

I think this bag looks great, and for the price, it's an absolute bargain and i'll definitely be picking it up to give my outfits that "high end" look without the price tag.

Love Charlotte Elizabeth xo